When asked about the personal characteristics that best describe the "perfect speaker and storyteller", audiences say they want someone who is:
- Enthusiastic. Show your audience that you are happy to be there.
- Dynamic. Wow your audience with your own sense of style and delivery.
- Sincere. Be believable through your words and actions.
- Confident. Know your stories. Know your audience. Know the theme (if any). Know your strengths and use them. That's the formula for confidence.
- Passionate. How many boring speakers and storytellers convince you to be excited about their programs?
- Articulate. It's not how many words you say or how fast you say them. It's all in your word choice and how you say them.
- Animated. Audiences love speakers and storytellers who aren't afraid to move a little bit and have a personality to boot! Be yourself and enjoy yourself!